Are you looking to give your kitchen a facelift and make it more functional? Kitchen & Bath Dimensions is the perfect choice for Greater Birmingham homeowners looking to remodel their kitchens. As a 5-star rated and fully insured company, we provide excellent service that you can count on. Below, we’ve outlined 7 ways to add functionality to your kitchen when you’re remodeling.
- Add More Counter Space: One of the best ways to increase the functionality of your kitchen is by adding more counter space. This will help create more efficient food preparation areas and allow you to store and display items such as cookware, appliances, and food items.
- Install an Island: Installing an island in the center of your kitchen is another great way to add functionality. An island not only gives you additional counter space and storage, but it also provides an additional seating area for entertaining guests or for family meals.
- Upgrade Appliances: If you’re looking for ways to improve efficiency in the kitchen, consider upgrading your appliances to energy-efficient models. Not only will this help reduce energy costs, but new appliances are often designed with features that make tasks like food preparation easier and faster.
- Utilize Wall Space: Make use of wall space by installing shelving or wall-mounted cabinets for extra storage options. This will help keep your counters clutter-free while still providing easy access to items like spices, canned goods, and small appliances.
- Add Pantry Storage: If you’re short on cupboard and cabinet space, consider adding pantry storage to maximize efficiency in the kitchen. Pullout pantry drawers or shelves are great options when it comes to organizing food items while keeping them out of sight when not needed.
- Install Task Lighting: Another great way to add functionality to your kitchen is by adding task lighting over countertops or other work areas. This will make it easier for you to see what you’re doing while cooking or prepping meals without having to turn on bright overhead lights all the time.
- Customize Your Cabinets: Maximize storage potential by customizing your cabinets with features such as pullout shelves, spice racks, plate racks, and other drawers specifically designed for storing specific items like utensils and flatware.
These are just a few ideas for ways you can add functionality to your kitchen when remodeling. For more information about our services or to get started on your next project, call Kitchen & Bath Dimensions at 205-583-1376 today!